Last week, I invited you to a webinar to help you reimagine success in different areas of your life in 2019. This is the perfect time of year to take stock of the past 12 months and to plan new goals and projects for the coming year. This is true for all areas of your life, and in particular when it comes to planning for success in your business in 2019.
While work and business is one of those areas that we are considering in the main webinar, it’s worth taking the time to explicitly look at your business in an annual review of what you can learn from this past year, the goals you want to set for 2019, and the actions you need to take in order to get there.
With that in mind, I want to invite you to a second webinar that will help you with this business review. It’s for you if you already have a business: you’ve already taken those steps outside of the 9 to 5 and set up your website and social channels, you have your clients and money coming in, but you want to take things to the next level.
Reimagining success in your business
Most of us who choose to leave the corporate 9 to 5 do so in order to pursue more meaningful and fulfilling work on the one hand, and to live a different kind of lifestyle with less stress and more time for family and personal priorities on the other.
However – and I’m sure this will be a familiar story to many of you – it’s easy to fall into old habits. That means working long hours, often longer than we had done in our corporate jobs. It means always ‘hustling’ to bring in the next project or client. And it means getting distracted from all the reasons why we started the business in the first place.
We end up deep into the details of the day to day without taking a step back to look at what we’re actually trying to achieve – what does ‘success’ really mean to us, and are we on the path to get there?
My approach to business planning
Now, there’s a lot you can do when it comes to reviewing your business at the end of the year, and all kinds of different approaches. If you already have a process, then you can take elements of what you like to add into the mix. If you never really take the time to do this, then you can from scratch, and start simple!
Here’s what I like to do at the end of each year:
- Review the previous year – what did you create, what worked well, what was your biggest achievement, what didn’t work so well and what was your biggest disappointment
- Reflect on your ikigai – are you using your skills and strengths, are you enjoying the work you’re doing, do you feel like you’re making a meaningful impact and are you reaching your money goals?
- Analyse your metrics – review your overall revenue and profit as well as key metrics including email subscribers, web traffic and social followers
- Decide on what ‘success’ looks means to you – take a step back to look at the big picture of what you want to achieve next year
- Define key action steps – clarify what you need to start, stop and continue doing next year
- Map out your seasons – break your goals and priorities down into different building blocks throughout the year
- Set yourself new targets – define the metrics you want to hit next year in terms of financials as well as other key metrics
Join me as we plan for 2019
This is a new webinar for 2019, focused specifically on the annual business review, with a FREE workshop session to take you by the hand through the whole process.
To make it super easy for you, this is a recorded webinar and you can pick from plenty of dates and times to fit your schedule, throughout the month of December. So, no excuses! Let’s get planning for your success in 2019.
To follow along with me in an interactive session, join me in this new Reimagining Success in Your Business webinar! Sign up to the webinar here >>