As we near the end of another year, we’ve been talking all things success – both looking back on the last year and reviewing what has worked and what hasn’t worked so well and looking ahead to the new year to set goals and plan for how to achieve them.
Now I want to offer you even more support if you want to take this further and get my help with how to set yourself up for financial success in your business this year.
Setting – and achieving – goals
I had three big business goals for 2018:
Discover the 5Ls model to help you think more broadly about success
In my experience - from my own life and from working with clients over the years - there are five key areas in our lives that need to be balanced in order for us to thrive and live a truly successful life in a more whole and holistic sense: LIVE - Wellness & Wellbeing; LOVE - Relationships & Romance; LEARN - Development & Growth; LEAD - Career & Impact; and LAUGH - Fun & Spontaneity.
- Develop my first group programme – I launched my first group programme in February and I’m now working with the third cohort this year
- Publish my book – I published Leaving the Corporate 9 to 5: Stories from people who’ve done it (and how you can too!) in October
- Launch my podcast – I launched Reimagining Success with Anna Lundberg last week!
I also set myself specific goals in each of the 5Ls areas: LIVE – wellness and wellbeing, LOVE – relationships and romance, LEARN – development and growth, LEAD – career and impact, and LAUGH – fun and spontaneity. Highlights here include doing two week-long sailing courses and getting my Day Skipper licence, finally getting into a regular meditation routine, and ticking some random things off my bucket list, as well as finally buying and moving into a home in London!
All in all, I feel incredibly proud and satisfied by everything I’ve achieved this year.
So how did I achieve those goals?
There are a few key things that go into a successful year like this:
- Setting meaningful goals – These were not your generic New Year’s resolutions, which you feel you *should* do but of course never stick to. They were truly meaningful goals that were important and personal to me. I understood why I wanted to achieve these goals and I was clear about how my life would change for the better when I achieved them.
- Taking consistent action – There’s no magic or mystery to how you get closer to your goals, it really is *just* a matter of doing the work. The issue is that it takes much longer than we realise, and most people will (a) procrastinate and never get started from sheer overwhelm or (b) get distracted and give up before they have a chance to see results. This year, I’ve been sticking to my plan, staying focused, and showing up every week.
- Getting help – Having found a new coach last year and initially working with her for three months, I committed to continuing with her for the full 12 months this year (and I’m committing again in 2019). Although I myself coach people on business strategy and personal branding, it’s impossible to see your own life and brand from the outside and it is absolutely invaluable to work with someone who is a few steps ahead of you. A coach will serve as a sounding board, hold you accountable, and keep you focused on doing the right things at the right time. I also worked with a meditation coach specifically to help me explore the right practice that would work for me.
It’s not rocket science!
But it takes time and reflection to come up with those goals that are truly meaningful; discipline and putting aside your ego so that you can keep putting in the effort even when you’re not seeing immediate results; and finding the right person to guide you and support you through the process.
How to set yourself up for financial success in the new year
If you’re feeling inspired and ready to get started on your own biggest year yet, and you would love to be able to finish next year with this sense of reward and satisfaction after you’ve achieved your most meaningful goals… then I’d love to help!
Having kicked off my New Year’s planning sessions a couple of years ago, I’ve now evolved these into a coaching solution that will help you with exactly this: setting the right goals in the first place (whether in business or in other areas), getting clear on the actions you need to take, and creating the support system you need to make it happen.
There is a virtual option available with the coaching done via Zoom or, if you happen to be in the London and southeast England area, then you also have the option to join me for a one-day session face to face!
Book a call to discuss how I can support you with your goals this year.